Friday, January 4, 2008

Longest Post Ever

No I have not given up on the blog. Following Christmas Edith, Jonathan, and I took off for a week on a secret mission. It started VERY early on the Friday morning following Christmas. Jonathan was not at all happy about being moved around and positioned for the car seat. He hadn't had his morning breakfast yet and was still very happy sleeping.

So then we were off to the airport. We had planned out with my dad a week long visit to Reno. The only thing was nobody but the 3 of us new about it. Mom was flying back in from Colorado Springs on Saturday and we were to meet her at the airport. Of course we did it all in grand style. While dad distracted mom in one of the stores we got right behind them and started having a conversation. "oh isn't that nice", "hmmm I think my dad would like that one". But no response, so finally I just spoke up with.. EXCUSE ME SIR! I startled my mom and as she spun her mouth fell open. No words were coming out just gasps, which turned into a small cry.

The snow had decided to stop after Friday, and we had a sunny, bright, COLD time. We visited a nice buffet in town, saw the sites. We spent some time in Virginia City on New Years Day, fun little old west, one main street, one yellow light kind of town. Got a couple things including some great peanut butter fudge. MMMhhhhh peanut butter. Of course all this wore us out pretty well.

Of course the best thing was that Grandma and Grandpa got plenty of baby time.


0 comments: