Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today was my Birthday. Edith put on a great Broncos vs. Raiders party for me. We had the TV room all decked out in orange and blue. She even made custom signs with her CriCut scrapbook lettering machine!

The Broncos kicked some Raider booty, which made the night even better! A lot of people came over, which was weird for me since I am not used to big birthday parties, never exactly rolled with a bunch of friends growing up so it was mostly a couple friends and family each year. So with a bunch of the young adults from church coming over it really was a party. I even let the Raider fans in.....they left much more quietly than they came though.

The funniest moment of the night was when we realized we didn't have any candles for the cake. Edith..thinking swiftly...grabbed a baby elmo candle that was part of a pack that we bought for Jonathan's cake next month. So for my 29th birthday I made a wish while blowing out a flame on top of baby elmo's head.

Thanks to all that came and all that sent cards and made phone calls.

0 comments: