Monday, March 17, 2008

I'M OKAY!



So long story short. I was at the bottom of a freeway exit ramp, waiting to make the right. Light turned green I went, I was in front of the line, cars had started to back up behind me. What I didn't know is coming down the ramp was an older white tin can of an SUV that was recently purchased from a family member and was getting a trial run, what none of us knew was the brakes had gone out. So they tried to avoid a multiple car pileup by swinging over to the right side of the exit ramp, hoping the breaks would start working...they didn't. And as the light turned green, I went and got hit. Cops wouldn't come because we were both able to move the cars out of the street, gotta love the police these days. Called the insurance, taking the car to the shop tomorrow. Sad thing is I got the tags for the car, haven't even got the chance to put them on....Happy St. Patricks! :(

1 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh no, the new car! Doesn't that just figure? We are VERY glad to hear that you were not injured, although it is still an unpleasant situation. Sounds like it wasn't your fault, so hopefully a good insurance company and excellent body shop will get it taken care of quickly. Good luck! Drive safely.